Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Trimester

My first trimester was pretty easy. I coasted right through it. I had morning sickness for like a 1 ½ weeks sometimes between the 10th and 12th weeks. I could only eat starches. Spices didn’t help the cause and salads were too light. Saltine Crackers… Yeah right…. Wendy’s baked potatoes and either 5 piece chicken nuggets or a burger…. That was it.

I’d also decided to eat healthier so I cut out High Fructose Corn Syrup from my diet. This meant no sodas and not very much else. I found some great ginger ale at Trader Joe’s, the real stuff with real ginger and sugar. I also drank lots and lots of Vitamin Water, which used Crystalline Fructose. I discovered this because I didn’t want to take Gatorade, which had HFCS.

We were eager, so we started the baby’s registry around the end of the first trimester. We figured that there are things that we’d need regardless of the baby’s sex, so we’d get those items chosen and out of the way in advance. This proved to be a great idea, because walking into Babies R Us and standing there with all the possible things a baby might need and a scanning gun was a bit much. It’s a good thing they provide you with a check list of things you’ll likely need. I also called my sister up who was able to cut that list down by eliminating the things we really didn’t need, like a diaper genie.

All in all, I had a great first trimester. I only home the next pregnancy will be as smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment